Everybody's favourite DJ Sander Kleinenberg has had an amazing year.
With his Everybody club night touching down in London, NY, Ibiza, Germany and beyond. His recent album aptly entitled 'Everybody on Tour' has also been a riotous success.
We catch up with Mr Kleinenberg and find out how 2005 has been for him and what he intends to wow us with further in 2006.
1. 2005 has been quite a year for you, what with 'Everybody' practically taking over the world. Which has been the best destination/s?
They've all been amazing. I'm particularly in love with New York, since it's been steadily going over there for two years. Obviously I love going back to Holland, where Everybody originated from. It's also great to be dj'ing at Ministry of Sound, I'm looking forward to this coming year with regards to Ministry.
2. Where do you plan to take 'Everybody' in 2006?
I'm going to be working hard to get the parties in Ministry to a legendary level, we're doing a second season in Pacha and a third season in New York... We'll be blowing it up this year!
3. You have six dates already confirmed at Pacha, Ibiza in 2006 - can you tell us a little more about this?
We started Everybody in Pacha this year which was amazing. We're looking into which day we will be hosting next year, we have a great relationship with the Pacha people and it's the summer holiday for Everybody so it will surely be fantastic...
4. You've just released the next 'Everybody' album - how is this going?
After ‘Everybody’ and ‘This Is Everybody Too’, Everybody on Tour is a great follow up. I released this album through my own record label Little Mountain Recordings, and I also hooked up with famous fruitcake and Dj nutter Lee Burridge.
5. What has been your track of 2005?
My track of 2005 has been Trentemoller's Royksopp remix.
6. If we wanted to hear you on NYE where would we need to go?
I will be dj'ing at Avalon in Hollywood, Los Angeles. It promises to be amazing.
7. What will be the BIG track for your NYE set?
I'm in the process of signing a track called Flaunt It (Dirty South Mix) by TV Rock. That's going to be big for sure.
8. What has been your best 2005 moment?
To hear my baby girl say "Papa" for the first time.
9. And your worst?
That was being in the midst of hurricane Wilma while me and my girl were in Miami.
10. What has been your best DJ set of 2005?
I loved dj'ing at an after-hours party at Blue Merlin in Ibiza. It was a Monday night, the crowd was great, it was absolute mayhem.
11. Something you plan to conquer in 2006?
I'm not about conquering, but it would be good to get more stuff done in the UK. Do some festivals; take the dvd dj'ing to a higher level...
12. Tell us a new year's resolution?
Work out more, get some sports going.
13. Describe yourself in 5 words?
Madly in love with life
Sander has just remixed Mylo's Muscle Car, which is out soon on Breastfed and already a numberr 1 Buzzchart, on the other side of the pond his remix of the Eurythmics has hit nr 4 in the billboard, surely to shoot to the top next week. Sander has a series of E.P's ready to be released in 2006 called "Hear Feel See" his follow up to the critically acclaimed Four Seasons e.p's that featured My Lexicon among others.
The first E.P. will see daylight early next year with the others to follow, this and the massively successful. Everybody nights around the word will take Sander to new nights in 2006...His "Everybody! On Tour" compilation is out now on Little Mountain Recordings